Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. Eskimo proverb

Our HoMe

Pennys, Towels, & Rolling pin Covers..I do custom work..made to order :>)

I don't have an attitude,
I have a personality you can't handle.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WhAtChA WoRkInG On WeDneSdaY.;>)

Hey there Peeps!!! how is everyone today? I hope all is well with you all and that you are enjoying that spring weather..I quickly took Tucky for a walk today..it was a short one..dodging the "rain bullet"..yesterday.I didn't walk at all...Monday I went to the movies with the girls from church and we saw the new movie "hunger games"..I have never heard of this until about 2 weeks ago from my friends on facebook and there was mention of a girls day out at the movies..and I was itching to get out of the house and mingle..so monday was the day..and I will tell you it was wonderful!!! I can't wait to see the other 2 (if they make them)..it was awesome..great for guys and gals.:)I have been piddling out in the yard and picking weeds here and there and just keep it tidy..the next door neighbor (renter) is finally getting hers done..looks so much better now..hope it stays that way..
I told you last post that I had my sewing mojo back..and it feels good to create..I have had this fabric for well over 2 years and just never got around to using it..so I decided to make a table runner out of it..
I embroidered on two doilys and added a red/gingham ruffle on the ends...


It also looks great hanging on the stove..I get in my "shabby cottage" moods around spring time..I do so love the cottage look..and I love what Cindy calls it..farmhouse romance..It just feels good and spring is the perfect time for it.;)
I also made another rolling pin cover..this has velcro around the back so it can accomidate a bigger rolling pin..this is going up in my etsy shoppe as soon as I am done here..

I love the colors and they have such a "cottage" feel about them..the word cottage is done in a nice burgandy that goes well with the colors in the pink...
I also made some more broom covers and added some of the black/tan (cofffee stained) gingham check to the broom too..this is also going in my etsy shoppee..they are 10.00 each or 15.00 with the broom + shipping..

I love the barn scene..it reminds me of "country folk keepsakes" barn..

a cute collage of life on the farm..I love this one too..betcha know why.;)
and this is my latest and greatest creation..I just made this one today..I love!!!! how this one turned out..another farmhouse romance look..a bit shabby, prim, and cottage all rolled into one..I love the little birdy too..
I added two layers to the bottom..
well I am still crocheting up a storm..I have one more thing to Make for Cindys birthday tomorrow...so it will be a bit late..but not by too much..hoping to get it out in the mail tomorrow..and I am making some things for my mother in law as well..(her birthday was in January)..and I have been racking my brain..and I mentioned to her yesterday while we talked on the phone and she said she would love some of my crocheted stuff..she delivers meals on wheels and she too has lost alot of weight and is cold all the time..(I am too) so she is going to look stylish, and hip and will stay warm..
On another note..my moms house closed yesterday..so I will be making plans to come and see Cindy and Carmen and hopefully Earlene the 1st weekend of October in Ohio..so if anyone else lives out that way..lets make it a blog reunion of sorts and lets meet up..we are going to go to some shows and then hit some prim shoppees..I can't wait.and I get to see Ohio in the fall around halloween..I am so excited I can hardly stand it..well that is it for me..going to go and list those things on etsy..have a wonderful rest of your day and the rest of your week..:)and thanks for stopping by and saying hi..:>)

14 comments:

  1. Love all your creations, those doilies are adorable:) If your headed for ohio be sure to check out amish country, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to add that to my list of things to do Carmen..thanks for the tip..I wish you didn't live so far away as I would love to see you too,:)

      Delete
  2. Hi, Gina:
    The embroidery work is gorgeous that you've done. I think the doilies on the ends of the runner
    are a fabulous idea. You should really sell those.
    I hope you have a great time in Ohio with the girls.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gina,
    wow, you've been sewing up a storm! Literally, girl. Now we have all the rain and cold again.......
    love those new pretties you made. I really like the cottage/farmhouse look too. Those vintage fabrics are awesome with your special embroidery on them.
    Jealous you'll be going to Ohio though. I'm savin' my pennies for a road trip one of these days! I'm aching to shop where all the gals do and show off their treasure finds to the rest of us!!!!!! lol
    Sounds like your girls day out was a treat.
    hugz and blessings,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. . . . . love the Pinterest graphic! So stinkin' true!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love all the pretties that you've been making!!
    Can't wait for October to get here!! I'll be emailing you here in the next day or so.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Gina. I love your vintage table runner and the great idea for the rolling pin.
    I love your style. I call mine, country farmhouse. I have some vintage table cloths and towels and such but I am not sure what to do with them. I love the rolling pin idea you used. I may use your idea, if that is ok with you. Glad to hear that you are coming to Ohio this fall to meet with blog friends. Wished I lived closer to their area. They are about 4 hours from where I am.
    Hope you have a sunny day today.
    Tamera
    Country at heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Friend
    You are always such a busy girl.
    Just love your new creations. Your table runner is beautiful. I love the shabby farmhouse look too.
    Hugs Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I'm super excited for your visit!!!! This is kinda HUGE! :)

    Carmen is right... Amish Country is amazing too. If you stay until Tuesday we could go there Monday. :)

    There is just so much wonderful shopping in this state we could never fit it all in!!!!

    Have a great day!
    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your new goodes....
    I'm going to Ohio in April for the Gatherings show and to see Amish country. Planning to meet a lot of blog buddies, too. Ohio is a hot bed of bloggers and prim shops! I am so excited to be doing this. I know what you are feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Gina you have been one busy lady again... I love all the stitching on the doilies..Such cute ideas..Can you do that same stitching on Burlap?? I think the brooms would look awesome with the same stitching Burlap and checkerboard..just a thought!
    My Fav is the little Birdie stitching how cute is that..

    Congrats on the closing of your moms house earning you a well deserved vacation to Ohio the Thrift store, Prim store & show heaven of the US..or at least us Ohioians like to think so... Don't know how long you will get to be here but I know you will have a blast.. Maybe you can get Carmen to take you on an all day Thrift store Shopping trip around Columbus, Delaware & Marion on Wednesday 50% off day most everywhere.. Probably need a U-haul Truck to take home all your great finds..
    I'd love to meet you when you come to visit.
    Well have to see how things go with timeing and work..

    I'm home and doing ok. Thank you for all your kind words, support and prayers!!

    Have a great week!

    Hugs
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Tonya..well I would love to meet you..how far away do you live from Carmen? oh I may just need a u-haul to take my stuff home..or stop at the post office and mail myself a package..lol..I am glad you are up and going and hopefully feeling much better since tuesday..I hope this surgery worked its magic on you..have a great weekend and take it easy.;)

      Delete