Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. Eskimo proverb

Our HoMe

Pennys, Towels, & Rolling pin Covers..I do custom work..made to order :>)

I don't have an attitude,
I have a personality you can't handle.

Monday, July 25, 2011

PiOneEr DAy..GreAt FoOd, GooD FriEnDs...

Good Monday Morning everyone!!! we are experiencing thunderstorms this morning..Really cloudy and dark today..might not get much done in the yard..unless it clears up..Today though I have to get blood drawn (every 6 months) for my kidneys to see where my renal panels..then hopefully get back to nicer weather so I can continue to rip out the side portion of the yard..I worked on it for about 1-1/2 hours on saturday..but it was just to stinkin hot..but I got alot of it ripped out..hoping to put bark down the end of this week..can't wait..I am already decorating it in my head and for fall too..(isn't that just like a woman)..we are always thinking ahead..lol Well on saturday was our pioneer day..I picked up my girlfriends two boys and we headed out..they had it all set up and the food was cooking when we got there..good thing..cause I was starved..I had bits of everything..even dessert..but only tastes..
they had a pool, trampoline, horseshoes, and horseback riding for everyone..
these are some of the photos of the horse drawn ride that I went on 3 times..its my favorite...one of the horses coming to greet us..
love this part of the area..I truly long to be in the country with all the farms, barns and pastures..truly picturesque..
This arabian named Lucky kept coming up each time we trotted by...beautiful horse..
you can see the water..great views these folks have..
we never got down to the light house as the horses were going to be in a wedding the next day and Al didn't want to tire the horses and it was a hot day..and thats a big wagon they have/had to pull..
Lucky again..he wanted to be with us.
Here is Poncho in the front and Lefty (he is on the right)..they are 14 year old Percheron horses..not related..(I asked all the questions)..:)
there they go for a walk around the block..
SundaeLee taking a break from being a new mommy to ride a horse..
this is where the two draft horses live..This is Al's place..beautiful..;)

I had SundaeLee take my photo so you knew that I was actually here..it was so relaxing listening to the clip clop of the horses hooves and the nice breeze and talking with everyone..the best part of the day.;)
coming back home..love this home of our friends Bob and Mikki..beautiful gardens..(this is Al's Son's home)..and where the festivities were at..the 2 dogs walked with us every time...one even came on board for the last ride..
I took a dump cake for my thing and when I came home and put the dish in the sink to soak..I left the basket on the table..and Little miss sunny E Buns got comfy...
Then it was Poe-Poe's turn..she looks like she is smiling..they love getting in baskets..she melts me with that smile..
Well I am off to get ready and start my day..I hope you all have a great monday..

11 comments:

  1. Fun times~ Gina you look wonderful!! Give your adorable furbabies hugs~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a wonderful time! LOVE the horses, we used to go horseback riding quite a bit when my son was young but then they closed the stables down, so sad! When I worked at the animal hospital we had a black cat that lived there and he was ALWAYS in a basket! If clients left a cat carrier open he would even help himself and go in there, so rude, LOL!!!!! Have a great day Gina!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gina.
    That looks like a really fun time.
    I love those draft horses.
    Your kitty looks right at home in the basket.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the pics! Looks like a rally fun time. Love your adorable furbabies! Gina you are gorgeous my friend! Have a great week!Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all had a wonderful time!!
    Your kitties are just too cute making them self cozy in your basket!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you all had a wonderful time!!
    Your kitties are just too cute making them self cozy in your basket!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous photos! Looks like you had a great time. I love, love, love those cats in baskets. LOL Don't their little furry faces always melt your heart? We can't get upset with them for getting into our good baskets. They're just doing what comes naturally and feels good to them. Loved today's post AND your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a lot of fun! I wish it wasn't so hot, here....I don't want
    to go out of the house. I loved that view of the water, they are lucky to have such a view. I got a
    video of Chum popping out of a box, after Ken...He is so funny! Thanks
    for sharing your day with us...

    Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fun day. Love the horse rides. Looks like wonderful weather for the day too. Thanks for sharing. It is always nice to see other parts of the country. Glad you had a nice day.
    Tamera
    Country at heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gina,
    What a wonderful place that must be to live! Just Beautiful!
    Love the last photo of the smiling kitty in the basket!
    I have one that loves the plastic bags.
    And thank you for asking about my mats! My hooking is NOT quite there yet. I do in the future, hope to sell some ... (when I get better) I mean really, how many hooked rugs and mats can a girl have???
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Teri♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. My heart is smiling after reading this post!!! Such a wonderful day you must've had!! Those horses are so beautiful. I've decided that I'd like to come back as one of your cats when I die!! The smile on your cat's face is priceless!!! : ) Have a wonderful day and thank you for your sweet comments that you leave all the time. It really means a lot to me and I'm so grateful for the friends I've made thru blogging!! XOXOXO

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete