Good Morning Everyone!!! well I hope the wait was worth it..and this is a picture heavy post..so hang with me if you dare...mmuuuwwwaaaaahhhhh!!!!! my blogging buddy Karen said I must love halloween and your answer would be yes..I love decorating for as we didn't do much in our home as we couldn't afford it..but I always loved going to the houses that were decorated and spooky..cause it really added to that holiday feel..never got to see the insides..but I love to decorate cause I want the kids nowadays to know what it was like for me and to have a sense of nostalgia..a bit of homespun old fashioned fun...isn't that what Halloween is all about..we need to bring back some of the stuff we did as kids because it was wholesome and kids these days don't get alot of that..and I feel sorry for kids these days..I wouldn't want to be a kid in this day and age..I tell you I was born 100 years too late..and you know the adults that bring their kids to my home always comment on it..I know they must feel the nostalgicness(is that a word) of it..;)
that big witch in the moon came from that Taipan store in Utah..she is my fav!!! my metal house from Joanns..it didn't lit up..but I fixed that.;)
the chaulkboard has a different saying now..;)
Gracie helping me take photos..
I made the spooky hollow inn sign...
my witch in the guest bedroom window stirring up her pot of magik.;)
the tombstones at the end of the walk there..proped up by the feeding cans..
Gracie helping me..I took down the lights hanging there as there were too many plugs and not enough outlets..so hung them up in the living room windows..;)every window is lit up at night..:)
welcome to Cat Nap Inn;)
my little pumpkin scarecrows to light your way...
sunday after church I went to my good friend Mikki and Bobs house for my corn stalks..I tied them up with orange/black plaid flannel fabric..;)
the house looks complete now...and I have spiders all over the place..I still have webs that I purchased that I need to put up I suppose..have enough real ones...and oh are those cat eye spiders getting big and scary.;)
my little jar witch luminaries out front that I made..these will be lit up too..;)
I made the horizontal sign..and this stencil has a story..I got this from a gal that used to blog and then her husband murdered her..this was in north carolina..her face is still in my followers..what a total shock that was..I used to follow her blog..she was a sweet heart...
I got this trick or treat sign from that same taipan store..got the other one from a fun store in utah as well..
I got this witch bag at hallmark years ago..it is motion detected..she alerts me to the little nose goblins on my front porch...she scares the crap out of everyone..even our dog...she says Happy Halloween and something else..;)
I took this saying from Kim of old road primitives..I hope you don't mind..I just love the saying and hubby actually noticed it and liked it too.;)
my front door curtesy of Jenn..;) I love this.:)
okay lit up for night.;)
this one is my favorite..my smiling jackolantern kitty.;)
can't tell but this is lit up to0..
Well guess what came in the mail yesterday..my winnings from Barbara Stock of Heartstrokes ..It just pops on this red wall..it is painted on some sort of mesh and is really cool..cause you can see through it.;)
Thanks again Barb..she fits right in..;)
so the little halloween sign moved over here...
okay for the whatcha working on wednesday post...I am embroidering on towels...some stained some not..and using the fabric above as the "t-shirt" dress part of it. I love these designs..these are from Denise of Pioneer loft she digitizes these cross stitch designs and I couldn't resist them.;)
these two wonderful towels went to Laurie of Cats haven crafts..she is the one that sent me all that yummy wool...we did a swap and she got 2 of my halloween pillows with cats..these 2 towels and a cat purse..;)
okay last but not least..I got this award 4 times..yes you heard me right..4 times. from farmhouse prims , and Live oak primitive peddler, and olde corps primitives and raven wood whimzies primitivesso I gotta come up with at least 28 things about me..might not make it but will try.;)
1. I am number 5 of 6 kids
2. I love cats...that was a hard one..lol..
3. used to do hair
4. love to decorate and tweak to my hearts content. should have been an interior designer..
4. love a clean house and yard..anal that way I guess
5. love a freshly mowed lawn..
6. am anal about how my hair should look.
7. hated school growing up.
8. loved beauty college though
9. was the class clown in school
10. used to get panic attack in kindegarton and realized it when I was 25 what they were.
11. love to sew and create
12. love my embroidery machine...love it!!
13. love all my blogging buddys..what would I do with out you.
14. halloween is my favorite holiday to decorate for.
15. christmas is second..a really close second.;)
16. I can make "fart" noises with my hands..I know a true talent don'tcha think..learned it in 5th grade from my friend Patti O' Connell
17. I can flare my nostrils..my sister Peggy taught me that one:)
18. are you bored yet?
19. I was born originally in Utah.
20. Yes I am a mormon
21. my favorite breakfast is a bagel toasted with butter on one and peanut butter on the other with honey or my strawberry jam.
22. I have lived in 4 different states and 1 country.
23. we lived in Naples italy for 3 years while hubby did his navy thing
24. we have no kids unless you count our 4 legged ones..and we certainly count them;)
25. I love Joanns
26. I love blogging..duh..now that was a hard one;) lol
27. I want to be a race car driver...
28. a bonus one..I am the only one in my family that decorates in prim and loves antiques.;)
Okay that is it for me..I gotta go and get my bagel on and then head out to mow the lawn..and rake up the leaves and maybe tear up the front yard some more..the weather is supposed to be glorious..so getting a jump on it and getting it done...so next week I can do some barking hopefully..hope you enjoyed your visit..thanks for stopping by... I love hearing from you..;)