Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. Eskimo proverb

Our HoMe

Pennys, Towels, & Rolling pin Covers..I do custom work..made to order :>)

I don't have an attitude,
I have a personality you can't handle.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

WhaTcha WorKin on WedNesDay...

Well it seems tuesday nights are the nights I go to Joanns as it is on our way to puppy kindegarten..I needed some more supplys for my mixed media and found some other goodies too...I got my wooden eggs to grung up for Easter, picture hangers, goop to glue stuff with..that stuff and E-6000 are awesome, some fencing for mixed media, some little metal scoops for my soap and some embroidery thread for my machine..

here is the stabilizer for my machine...gotta have this stuff and it ain't cheap..but had my trusty coupons and I used em all..some turquoise rick rack..for doll dresses etc..love the color...
and wooden unfinished frames for embroidery samplers that I am doing and more wood plaques to make more mixed media on..I also bought 3 different kinds of burlap to use in crafting and to make some hip bags..watched it on that's clever yesterday...they were really cute...



Yesterday I baked 2 loaves of yummy banana bread to take to Tuckers class last night..I only made 15 minutes of his class cause I was shopping but Mike had it taken care of..everyone loved it...have a request from the gal/my friend for chocolate chip cookies next week..so will make those next time...



yesterday as well I made my homemade laundry soap, the hardest part was grating that huge bar of zote soap...pretty color though...I can't wait to use it..I made my friend from church a little muslin bag with a old fashioned washer that I embroidered on the front and filled it with laundry soap for her..I didn't take a photo..because I will be making more....Well I have lots of ideas swirling through my head of what to make and can't wait to get started...my crafting bug is back...so I am hot right now...Mike built me a nice fire this morning to take the edge off...cause it is cold we are in the 20's at night...and there is frost on the ground..so I always love waking up to a nice warm toasty fire...it is beautiful this morning....have a wonderful hump day and remember to tune in to my "flea market on Friday"..I have lots of stuff...:)




8 comments:

  1. Hi Gina, I was working on some fabric Easter eggs until I jabbed the kwic-unpic into my finger right up to the bone! That'll teach me not to try to prise cotton off my bobbin with it that's for sure. I've got a most elegant bandage on it though, Cath Kidston. Couldn't find the bandaid. Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You obviously, done great damage at JoAnn's. That's always fun. Banana bread looks really good. Where did you get the recipe for the homeade laundry soap. How good is it working for you? How hard was it to make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gina,
    Looks like you had fun at JoAnn's!!
    That handemade laundry soap sure looked pretty and a perfect color for Spring.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the folks at Joanne's ought to send you extra coupons! You always find the best goodies there! How are you going to prim your eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got that same bug but I don't have a Joanns, just Walmart so you have the advantage! But, I'll have to find some of that turquoise rick rack for my bedroom re-do! I love rick rack! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina,
    You sure are a busy gal and Joanne's must love you. That banana bread looks yummy. I made a banana cake the other day with buttercream frosting. We ate it all so fast. Have a great evening.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. The banana bread looks so good and great job on the laundry soap:) JoAnn's must really love you:)
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a great gal...bringing food to kindergarten and of course all the other things you do for people!

    Honestly, I get irritated when I give so much and people start expecting it from me...ya know. Not that that is happening in your world, just happens to me a lot.

    Someday the lord will get rid of those feelings I have about being unappreciated...lmao!!

    ReplyDelete