Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. Eskimo proverb

Our HoMe

Pennys, Towels, & Rolling pin Covers..I do custom work..made to order :>)

I don't have an attitude,
I have a personality you can't handle.

Friday, May 9, 2008

TGIF Its a BeaUtiFul DaY in ThE NeiGhboRhOOd

Got this photo on line and thought it was too cute.. reminds me of our silly mil.


Kind of makes you want to sing the old Mister Rogers Song Huh? We are having the perfect Spring day today..Not too hot and Not too cold....just right...as Goldilocks would say...lol..We meaning the hubster and me enjoyed a nice breakfast that he made.... 2 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon and sourdough toast...mine had jam of course...then off to work he went and I took the chillians out for a romp in the back yard...they just love being out there to play in the grass and roll in it and of course to eat it...only for me to find their little throw ups later...ah being a mom...wouldn't trade it in for nothing...then off to the kitty korral whilst I mowed the lawn....I like mowing the lawn, its what I call cheap exercise...and its better then a kick in the pants...then out of the korral to play some more and then back inside safe and sound...they were such good kids today..I got my package from ELKAYANDMO on Ebay today I was lucky enough to win one of her Auctions...I must say they are too precious...5 little sunflower heads with faces..I love her work and really wanted one of her items...next it will be a doll...I am making one of them into a pin to wear on my levi jacket...it is too cute..I also bought on her etsy site a kitty in a rose pattern to go into my bedroom...it will be perfect there...The proceeds for that kitty are to help her friends kitty in need..he had surgery and the costs are adding up so I bought her kitty to help out her kitty...every little bit helps too... Got to finish cleaning house today and then I am posting stuff on ebay..more fabric...too cute for words and some other items I have had laying around..then off to relax and read a magazine or to catch up on the tv programs I have recorded..

Here is another wonderful recipe that is great all year round and just good and soft and chewy...

I got the recipe out of a magazine years ago and it is a favorite and one of my neighbors favorites...he gets them at christmas time and always smiles when I bring them to him...


GIANT SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
These are big and they need room to expand; don't try to get more then 5 or 6 on a large cookie sheet.
4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1-1/4 cups shortening
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. lemon extract or 1 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1. In a bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large mixing bowl beat shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the 2 cups of sugar. Beat mixture until combined, scraping sides of the bowl.
2. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanill and lemon extract or peel.
3. add dry ingredients and buttermilk alternately to creamed mixture, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. Meanwhile, combine the 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
4. preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease cookie sheets; set aside. For each cookie, use a 1/4 cup measure or 1/4 cup ice-cream scoop.* Roll each scoop of dough in the sugar-cinnamon mixture to coat. Place 3 inches apart on cookie sheet. With the palm of your hand, gently press down cookie to 1/2 inch thickness.
5. Bake cookies 12-14 minutes or until bottoms are a light gold. Transfer to rack. The cookies bake more evenly if you bake just one batch at a time. Makes about 24.
*NOTE: if using an ice-cream scoop, lightly coat the scoop with nonstick cooking spray to help prevent the dough from sticking.
Nutrition facts per cookie: 263 calories 11g total fat (3 g sat fat) 18 mg chol. 175 mg sodium, 37 g carbo, 1 g fiber, and 3 g pro.
Enjoy this recipe, you will get raves with this one.. They are so moist and chewy and taste better then any snickerdoodle that I have tried...I think it is the buttermilk and lemon...yummo!
Have a wonderful rest of your friday...and a great weekend.. drop me a line to say hellooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment