Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. Eskimo proverb

Our HoMe

Pennys, Towels, & Rolling pin Covers..I do custom work..made to order :>)

I don't have an attitude,
I have a personality you can't handle.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

ThE BiG TeAsE!

Well our weather has been something else..Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous and today..cloudy and overcast...just a dreary day...although it didn't rain...but...I tell you when the sun is shining, it really motivates you..amazing how it can affect you personally...so today...did nothing...and I mean nothing..caught up on some tv that I have recorded and that is it...now I have to post a bazillion pieces of fabric on ebay...and hope it sells...
Well here is a cookie recipe that my next door neighbor Drew just loves...I got this out of country woman magazine 2001...they are yummy.

TOFFEE MALTED COOKIES
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix. I have also used banana so mix it up...use what you have on hand.
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup malted milk balls, chopped
3/4 cup english toffee bits or almond brickle chips

In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pudding mix and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Fold in the malted milk balls and the toffee bits (dough will be stiff). Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 350 F. for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. YIELD about 6 dozen...
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment