Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. Eskimo proverb

Our HoMe

Pennys, Towels, & Rolling pin Covers..I do custom work..made to order :>)

I don't have an attitude,
I have a personality you can't handle.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

AnoTher BloNde MoMenT!!!!

Apparently my blonde moments are becoming more and more lately...my latest is making coffee for my husband and not putting any water in the pot...so when he gets up...there is no coffee just a hot pot...and then I put water in and no coffee...so again he wakes up to hot water...I can't seem to get it right these days.. been making his coffee for 22 years now... you'd think I'd have it down by now...lol...He does like the coffee better with the water and coffee added...so lately, now I really pay attention to what I am doing...I think I am multi tasking and doing too many things at once..he should be grateful I actually add stuff to it...lol...Well I went to my favorite craft store today and got some more fabric to post on Ebay...the patterns would make such cute little girl dresses...too cute...great for summer..so go and check out my ebay. Will hopefully get those listed in the morning...along with some other items that I am cleaning out of my house..Today my bestest friend and I went to a local gift show today and I got a cool "cottage" sign to hang in my bedroom..and it looks so good with the new paint job.. I must say... I got 3 tomato plants that look beautiful..and an old looking measuring cup to make some pin cushions... and 2 snickerdoodle cookies...gonna have a big ole cookie with milk tonight...GOT MILK....I do...it is not right to have dessert without milk..I love it.. I crave it too...
I've decided to list a new recipe everytime I blog...so here is Todays recipe..
This comes from my Mommy...and I believe it came from her Mommy...my mommy is 80 years young...
GREEK LEMON SOUP
1 chicken cut up
1 onion chopped
add water to cover, cook until done...(she doesn't post this) so I couldn't tell you...
when chicken is done remove from pot and add 1-1/2 cups rice cook rice, again until it is done.
in a large bowl add 4 egg whites beaten
in a small bowl combine the 4 egg yolks and 1/2 cup lemon juice add this to the egg whites..
add this mixture to hot soup and let set for 5 minutes before serving...
I haven't had this since I lived at home and that has been 23 years..but I still can remember how it tastes...it was good...
you can add 2 quarts chicken broth instead of cooking a whole chicken.. I have another recipe here that is similar...simmer the rice for 16-20 minutes
before adding the egg mixture to the soup, ladle in 2 cups hot stock whisking until eggs and stock are well combined. Then pour into the pot and stirring constantly over low heat for 4-5 minutes or until soup is slightly thickened...
Hope your Thursday is a good one...Take care and stay outta trouble or at least be careful...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment