Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. Eskimo proverb

Our HoMe

Pennys, Towels, & Rolling pin Covers..I do custom work..made to order :>)

I don't have an attitude,
I have a personality you can't handle.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

FinIshEd DoLLieS and OthEr Fun StuFF

Here are the finished dollies that I was working on for my friend to take to Texas and give to her 5 nieces..The top 2 are made from socks that don't match but go together..I got them online and they have some cool stuff. The website is littlemissmatched.com. You must go and check them out. These dolls were made with little ones in mind, 1 and 2 to be exact, so not buttons or anything they could chew off and swallow.. This was the first time I used my new book that has these cute patterns, it is called the book is called "sock and glove" . The socks used above have alot of stretch to them, so I would use more of a cotton sock or glove...but they turned out pretty well considering..had to chop the legs off of them as they were toooooooooooo long...I think the girls will love to snuggle with their new pals though...This is the second set of dolls to be made, actually I made these first, they are for the older girls. This is a pattern by Gini Simpson, called the Uh-Oh raggedy..They were so much fun to make and I got this great fabric at our local quilt store..Oh I love their fabrics...good quality too...love how it all coordinates...Have fun my little trio in texas.
Okay onto other news, I must tell you a story on a trip we took back in the summer of 1998 on our trip back to Utah to see our family for the last time before we left for italy for 3 years...
It was a dark and stormy night....Just kidding but they always seem to start that way...lol..
okay, it was a beautiful summers day and we are driving to our home state of Utah from our home here in Washington...we were in the HOV lane (you can use this lane if 2 or more people are in the same car)...well I was sitting there thinking...and I must of had my blond thinking cap on toooooo tight. because what came out of my mouth next was PRICELESS... I asked my husband if a seeing eye dog could be considered a second person?...he looked at me and said, well yeah but who's driving the car?...well I hadn't thought that far in advance....geez louise...he said does he have his long stick out the window in front of his car to see whats there?...OMYGOSH did we ever laugh about that one and it still comes up in conversations..I think I need to let Bill Engvall or Jeff Foxworthy know of this story so they can use it in their monologues...lol...we almost killed some construction workers, cause we couldn't stop laughing...you know those laughs where your eyes tear up and your stomach hurts from laughing...wish I could do that everyday...laugh like that..so there you have my blonde moment...I do have many of them...my husband tells me there is a blond just dying to get out...so tell me about your blonde moments...
Here are some FABULOUS recipes for you to try...we love them.. One is Chinese chicken Salad and I get a dance for that one when I make it..I have had this recipe for 2o years and it is so easy and so good especially with summer coming and wanting to eat lighter..

Chinese Chicken Salad
2 heads of lettuce or 2 bags of your choice of lettuce. (this feeds the 2 of us) we don't eat anything else with this.. you can use this as a side dish too..
sesame seeds optional to taste
2 chicken breasts cooked and cooled...(we usually cook a whole chicken and then use the leftovers for this salad). use what ever you like
1 tsp salt
1 tsp accent (its like salt)
1/4 to 1 tsp pepper...we love pepper so we use the 1 tsp...and more...:)
3 tablespoons of sugar
4 tablespoons of vinegar (white or apple vinegar)
juice of one lemon
1/4 cup of sesame oil
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 pkg chopped or slivered almonds (optional)
green onions...optional if you don't like onions..we love them so the whole bunch goes in..
put lettuce in bowl, shredd up chicken and onions.
In a bowl add lemon first (then you can get out the seeds easier) and add all the rest of the ingredients and whisk like crazy and pour over the top and toss and serve...Top with Slivered almonds..This is so good. I got this recipe on my 26th birthday from my old boss that I used to work for, she made this for me and put it in a picnic basket and off we went for a birthday picnic my honey and I...been a favorite ever since...ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment