Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. Eskimo proverb

Our HoMe

Pennys, Towels, & Rolling pin Covers..I do custom work..made to order :>)

I don't have an attitude,
I have a personality you can't handle.

Monday, April 9, 2012

CaTcHinG Up..;)

Hellooooooo!!! (say it like Mrs. Doubtfire)...lol..how is everyone this fine monday morning? the sun is shining here and it is glorious..I see a walk in my future this afternoon..we had a beautiful weekend and for Easter too..so no little kids had to search for easter eggs in the rain..:)took some nice walks this week along the beach..I love walking the beach..its a harder walk..but Tucker loves to run and play..so I think thats the ticket again today..we had a great Easter..and nice walk and we had our missionaries over for a nice ham dinner with garlic parmesan cheese mashed taters and roasted veggies..they hadn't tried brussels, parsnips or eggplant before..but they went back for seconds..we had strawberry shortcake with fat free whip cream and I made symphony brownies..Hubby took those to work today..they are sinfully delicious..I did have one little one though..oh I ate so much yesterday I am afraid to step on the scales..on saturday we went to dinner..had fish and chips..the best ever..they use a panko breading..oh crispy and good..
these are flowers blooming on our back deck..I love these little purple flowers..at night they close up or on cloudy days too..they love the sun like i do..

This is the easter basket I gave the missionaries..they seemed pretty happy with it all..;)
I made this hat for a fellow bloggers(Betty of through my back door) grand daughter Amanda as she is recovering from Cancer and needed a nice spring hat to wear..doesn't she look so cute in it..I sent her a purse that I embroidered that says:fight like a girl and some spring pillow tucks as well..:)
I made another crocheted hoodie/scarf..this is too cute on.;)
This is what I made for our fellow friend and blogger Cindy of Cynthia Lee's designs..it was her birthday the end of March..;)I made her fingerless gloves which she said was perfect for her shows this fall..she can still work and not be a fumble fingers..a matching set of wrist warmers to go along with a neck warmer..
I did not make the towel..and I crocheted this little chicken/hen pot holder..
this was super fun to make and easy too.;) great for a farmhouse romance kitchen don'tcha think? Cindy is going to model her things on her blog soon for everyone to see..;)
I made some boot cuffs to wear under your boots.(see those lily white legs?) they are going to be going in for a spray tan one of these days..I love being tan but won't lay out or do the tanning beds anylonger..(not good for the skin) so spray tan it is..can't wait..
a different set..you can see how far down they go into the boot..
My friend Bella outdid herself again..she has the best patterns..
and lastly the 3rd set..she will be offering these soon in e-pattern form on etsy..
I got a package the other day..(clothes) and Goose has got to be in everything..little miss inspector..;)
I had to stop at petsmart the other day last week and needed something to entertain the little monsters..so they got a play tube..they love it and so does one of our older kittys..that is stewie watching Goose in the tube..
goose's behind and Tucker looking on..
this was taken yesterday..Margarita or Margy fargy as we call her.(said like "g"reat) that sound..
she is a black cat..but with all the rolling around on the ground she came out grey...I called her "braveheart" yesterday as half her face was covered...they love the sun and love it when we are outdoors with them...
Okay on wednesday last week I went in after 13 weeks to get my hair done..I was lonnnngggggg over due..and I wanted something different..so we went a bit asymetrical..this is how it looked when I got home that night..she also added in more red and less blonde..getting used to it all..would like a little more blonde and want the short side to be a bit longer as I would like to flip it..but other then that..its a nice change for spring..

she used 2 different in your face reds...
here is my going to church on easter sunday dress..I just got the skirt on friday from Maurices.com..oh I love their clothes..the cami and bolero came from there too..its my "prairie look"..I loved how I looked and felt..I had Hubby take this photo..look at that red...lol..got my boots on too...well I am off to get the house tidyed up, gotta do my taxes..yuk..but it needs to be done..and take Tucker for a walk..I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead..thanks for the easter comments yesterday.;)

35 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Gina. Yes it is a sunny glorious day here too. I just got in from taking a walk in the woods with the dog. I love your purple flowers, very vibrant. I love the hat you made for Amanda. I also love the new chicken pot holder, just my colors. I am glad you had a nice Easter, with no rain. So get out there and take that walk, it is beautiful out there.
    Tamera
    Country at heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hair and those boot cuffs are adorable! You looked so lovely in your prairie attire;) I am sitting here drooling over that basket of candy, LOL! Looks like the kittehs enjoy the new tunnel and maybe Tucker enjoys watching them:D Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Carmen you always make me laugh..yeah it was tempting to eat that candy..I had a couple of pieces when I opened them to send my sister some..but that was it..I just kept it in the closet..or I would have eaten it..have a great rest of your week.;)

      Delete
  3. You're looking great ... love your hair and your dress. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Gosh! You look AMAZING in that prairie outfit! Hellooooooo Hottieeeee!!!! :) Lovin your new hair did too! Cute! Did you see my pink hair pic on FB?

    Loving all your crocheted items so cute! Those boot things are adorable!

    Gla dyou have been able to get out walking. I caught Shanes cold and have been down since friday. My head is still screaming but I'm going to go to Zumba anyway and give it a go. I NEED to work out!!! I am so dehydrated from decongestants and bloated from like 5 cartons of orange juice. UGH.

    Have a great day!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Miss Carmen..I did not see your pink hair.must check it out..I have had burgandy hair, black hair and "sun in" hair...lol..thank you for the compliment..hey I may be coming in september around the middle as there are some other shows going on that you go to as well..and I know the last weekend in september you are not available..so it will probably be then..I will keep you posted sista.;)

      Delete
  5. Love the new hairdo! You have been one busy lady. Sounds like you whipped up quite the Easter feast and what a sweet surprise your Easter basket must have been! Enjoy your walk. ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they guys did enjoy that basket..i think they couldn't wait to get home to try everything,;)thank you for the compliment on my hair..I am liking it more and more everyday.:)

      Delete
  6. Oh Gina, you look so pretty and I'm so proud of your progress and that you're sticking with it. Walking is wonderful isn't it, especially on the beach. You're really making some awesome women's accessories. I love the hoodie scarf combo. That was so sweet to get the fur kids some new play things too.
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks again for thinking of Amanda. As I told you in my e-mail, that was so sweet of you. You looked nice in your "prarie" dress. Glad you had a good Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty it was truly my pleasure to make that hat for Amanda...I hope she is using the purse too...she really does look so cute in that hat..have a great rest of your week,;)

      Delete
  8. Hi Gina, You have been one busy lady.I love the outfit for Sunday mass.The hair looks great. As my grandson would say you look cool.Have a great week. Hugs, Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I am the wildest one there with my hair..but everyone seems to like it...have a great rest of your week.;)

      Delete
  9. Such lovely crochet work.. And very different from the regular, I think..
    You look very nice for Easter morning..
    We had snow galore and couldn't get to church.. smile..
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still amazed at all the snow that is still falling..hope you had a nice cozy easter at home with a nice fire and enjoyed the snow day.;)

      Delete
  10. Hi Gina!
    wow, you sure look good! Nice do, and awesome outfit.
    I'm jealous of your flowers-my goodness they are a gorgeous color and so bright!
    We did have a most wonderful Easter Sunday. I cooked for my MIL and our friends and their young married daughter and hubby came too. We shared a wonderful meal and even ate outdoors at the picnic table. My MIL has been having a rough time lately but the great company and the weather sure did her spirits wonders. She isn't able to taste much of anything these days but she did her best to eat.
    We enjoyed the awesome sunshine and no wind for several hours!
    Only thing better would have been to have our kids and grands here too.
    Enjoy your week.
    hugz and blessings,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you had a great easter with no wind for a while..I hope your MIL is feeling better everyday.;)have a great rest of your week.:)

      Delete
  11. Love the finger less gloves. I have a pattern but not sure how to make them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah, if you know how to crochet..you can do this..these are super easy and fun to do..and they whip up in about an hour..

      Delete
  12. Hi Gina,
    Thanks so much for my birthday gifts...love everything!!
    Love your dress that you wore on Easter Sunday...so pretty!! You look great!! Wish my back would stop acting up, so that I could work out more and lose some more weight.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to feeling better so you can start exercising again and feeling great.;)and you know you are welcome for the birthday goodies.;) I can't wait to see you in them.:)

      Delete
  13. Hi, Gina:
    You look fantastic! Love your crochet work.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Girlfriend.. You look awesome all dressed up in your Easter sunday best... I love the boots with your dress.. I think you are having way to much fun witht he new hair do's every few weeks...what a fun way celebrate the new you. You just keep blooming and blooming..your hubby must delight in the new you!
    That was sweet you made Amanda her new hat..
    I found a pair of slippers at GW that are crocheted I want to send you a pic of them & see if you can figure the pattern out and make me a couple pairs.. I'm sure you could make some for your shows they are so cute and comfy..

    You and tucker have a great time out walking the beach!!

    Hugs
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Tonya, hubby would love it if i didn't spend money..that would make him happy..cause it takes work to look like this..lol..I have a couple of crocheted patterns for slippers..tried one the other night..it was freaking huge and I even used smaller needles..so need to take it apart and try again..but it was easy..hope you are feeling better and better every day.:)

      Delete
  15. Love the boot cuffs! Thank you so much for being my pattern tester! I'm going to list them tonight on Etsy thanks to your testing abilities!

    You are so adventurous! Love the new hair colour!

    Cheers,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well thank you for letting me be your tester...anytime sister..anytime.;) cause I truly love love love your patterns;) I wish I could say something in etsy ville so people would know how awesome your stuff is;)

      Delete
  16. I know I say this every time but... You look FANTASTIC!!!! I love the new hair color and your Easter outfit is adorable!
    Man, you are one busy gal!!
    The hat you made for Amanda looks soooo cute!! What a beautiful girl! I'm going to keep her in my prayers for a fast recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gina, I just love your hair - I know I've told you that before, but I do!! I had 2 colors applied again last week when I had mine done again - I'm really liking the multiple colors. Thanks for inspiring me. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. show me pictures of your new color..I love getting ideas too.;) and thank you for the compliment..hair color is fun isn't it? fits our personalities I think.;)

      Delete
  18. Happy Easter! What a lovely day you had and your menu sounds delicious. I love parsnips! Our flowers aren't blooming quite yet but the bushes are turning green with leaves and things are budding! You look lovely in your new outfit! Love the prairie style. Have a great week! Love & Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey there! You got it going on with your skinny self and rockin that new "do" Ive changed the name of my blog from homemaking down by the river to honeysuckle haven cottage :)) come check me out!

    ReplyDelete