Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. Eskimo proverb

Our HoMe

Pennys, Towels, & Rolling pin Covers..I do custom work..made to order :>)

I don't have an attitude,
I have a personality you can't handle.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A GiFt From a FeLLow BLoGGeR...:)

Good Thursday morning!!! it is a nice overcast morning..with that drizzle kind of mist...love mornings like this..said it will burn off by the afternoon...:) Yesterday I got a wonderful little surprise in the mail..okay I knew what it was..but there was another surprise in this wonderful package..and look how she had it wrapped..Tiffany from Folded Gingham sent me this wonderful package..She knows I love strawberrys in my kitchen...
this was a total surprise to me..She made this huge strawberry with a cute little bird on it..it is now hanging from the pot rack...
and she sent me these wonderful curtains after she noticed that I had gotten a cute little runner/doiley from another fellow Blogger Terri..and she said they had the same design and asked if she could send them to me..she had purchased them at a thrift store and didn't have a use for them..so here they are in the kitchen ..and it brightened it up so much and goes so well with the "strawberry theme" I have going..;)
Pretty sweet huh..Everything looks right at home and now looks so complete..Thank you Tiffany for sending me this wonderful gift in the mail...you made my day and my kitchen;)

yesterday I did some tweeking..this is the before photo above..I have this liner on the basket and it does not go with my bathroom..and I can't find anything on ebay..and then a thought popped into my head...why not use some of the left over fabric from the shower curtain...
Ta Da!! I just cut a piece off and put it in..so much better now..
see the basket on the shelf..same thing..liner didn't match so I took it off...
and here you go..just tucked it inside..much better...I am totally loving this makeover so much..as it has been bugging me for so long..and I didn't think we would ever get to it..so I took the plunge and it is now finished for the time being..and I love how it looks and goes with the rest of the farmhouse look..;)

we are finally getting tomatoes..seriously..we have had flowers for 2 months now and nothing..then about 2 weeks ago the tomatoes started coming and we actually got 2 ripe ones...bout time.;) well that is it for me..I am going to get sewing..I have a wonderful idea swirling around in my head that i need to see if I can make it happen..if so I will post it.;) have a wonderful day..and thanks to all my fellow blogging buddys..you make mornings so much fun..I love seeing what you are up to..
Oh before I forget.we have a fellow new budding blogger that loves primitves and fall and halloween..please stop by and say hi to Jessica from October nights..she is a budding crafter and junker too.:) gotta love her.;)
Okay have a great day..;)

4 comments:

  1. What a nice surprise and those curtains do look very nice:) Love the basket tweeking in the bathroom they blend in so well now:)Enjoy the rest of your day sweet friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black and white checked fabric is perfect for the baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering why so many new people popped over to say hi all of the sudden, haha. Thank you, you're so good to me. :D

    I love the baskets, by the way. They pop so much more now.

    Happy sewing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every day is Spring with the strawberries in your kitchen. An extra reason to smile.

    ReplyDelete