Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. Eskimo proverb

Our HoMe

Pennys, Towels, & Rolling pin Covers..I do custom work..made to order :>)

I don't have an attitude,
I have a personality you can't handle.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A gReaT ValEnTinE IdEa...

Yes....two entrys in one day...:) here is a really cute idea for valentines day or any day for that matter...We got these at church on sunday...you take a soup can with the pop top lids..only when you empty out your soup..use one of those can openers that opens it up smoothly so you don't get cut..(you know the kind I am talking about...clean out the can really well and let it dry or dry it well too..they had packed in little cookies and candys or for us and glued the lid back on..they decorated the outside in pretty paper and gave us each one..they also have a cute little valentine note in it too...it is amazing what you can stuff in here..there were 5 candys. five cookies and those pixel cookies that have that chocolate going through them and our note..your kids would get a kick out of this cause they have to pop open the lid...:)

7 comments:

  1. How ingenius is that?
    Kids would love these! Mmmm, I want the goodies that are hidden inside! What can I say, I'm a kid at heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, my grandkids would too! Which end do you open up with a can opener?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea!!!! I have done the paint cans for awhile, but hadn't seen the soup cans done...cute, cute, cute!!! AND I love the purse from your other post...
    HUGS,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fun idea ! Thanks for sharing Gina !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina,
    What a cute idea! I want the goodies inside, too. I think I saw something like that once using a pringles can with the plastic lid. Amazing what you can do with an old can.
    hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea! Oh, and I love the purse you made with the polka dot handle! That's cool. Always love the pics of the "kids"! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is that! I will have to remember that for next year at church. :) Thanks so much for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete