Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. Eskimo proverb

Our HoMe

Pennys, Towels, & Rolling pin Covers..I do custom work..made to order :>)

I don't have an attitude,
I have a personality you can't handle.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Its HuMp DaY! and otHer MiSc StuFF!



Here are a bunch of old newspaper ads from the 40's...Can't believe they actually printed this stuff let alone believing it...
Well at least we know which smokes are the safest to smoke..again another one that cracks me up...Hate to tell them....smoking kills....
How to get thin....Eat a Tapeworm...Well at least we know the ancient chinese secret....
Yeah, blow in my face and I will slap you, is what it should say......lol...


Now I know why I am so happy.....it's only because I eat Lard....wish I looked as good as they do..maybe we all need to go on Lard Diets...they are all thin...



Enough said about this one...




This one just cracked me up...If you can read this do..its about Douching..and why her husband was breaking up with her, because of her feminine hygiene..Now that her Doctor has prescribed Lysol...she is all set to go...This one just cracks me up...





I sold my dolls to a great guy in Florida named Brian...and I was really having 2nd thoughts about selling these, but I knew I wasn't playing with them any longer and they had been stored for about 36 years..time to let them go... I asked Brian if he would be kind enough to let me see where he was going to put them and these are the photos he sent me...He has an awesome collection...He is going to send me more as I want to relive my childhood.. The dolls are in the center they are the little ones...







Here are the Rock Flower girls Heather, Dawn and Lilac...I miss my girls.. but Brian has given them a wonderful home with all of his other collectibles...Pretty cool, I think...I had so much fun playing with these guys...I remember taking Dawn to school for show and tell and showing her to everyone and then sitting back in my seat, admiring her and the teacher saw this and took her away from me! I was devastated...She told me I would get her back at the end of the day..I was so worried that she wouldn't...But she did...don't think I got much done that day...lol...I could have been scarred for life...:)
Okay on with the daily recipes...My friend Lauren VanHorn gave me this recipe back in the early 90's...and it is a favorite here and in Italy...I believe its in a restaurant in Italy...(we took this cake to Easter the last year we were stationed there) and the family LOVED it...and the Aunt had a restaurant and wanted the recipe...so the rest is history...I usually make this at Easter, but you can make it anytime...It is moist and delicious!
CARROT CAKE
4 eggs
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
3 cups grated carrots
1-1/2 cups coarsley chopped pecans or walnuts
1 cup raisins (OPTIONAL)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 13x9 pan or 3 8 inch round pans. Beat eggs and oil in a small bowl.. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Add egg mixture, mix well. Stir in carrot & pecans. Pour in prepared pan (s). Bake 30-35 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
2 3ounce packages of cream cheese. 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine, 2tsp pure vanilla, 4-1/2 cups powdered sugar. Beat 1st 3 ingredients, then add 2 cups of the powdered sugar... Beat in enough to make spreading consistency...ENJOY :)
Well today I am actually going to try to get some sewing done...I have a mother cat and her 3 kittens that are calling me...I am making a set for me and another to sell on Ebay...They are too cute...and put some more items in my general store...gotta work on getting it fully stocked...so if you are looking for some great bargains...stop on by...the link is on the homepage...above the music..
Have a great day wherever you are...:)


(you can click on the pictures to get a better look)..



No comments:

Post a Comment