Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. Eskimo proverb

Our HoMe

Pennys, Towels, & Rolling pin Covers..I do custom work..made to order :>)

I don't have an attitude,
I have a personality you can't handle.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

WhaTcha WorKin on WedNesDay...

Here are some Witch Potion bottles that I am working on very slowly.....
here is the next step in the process...hoping to get them done this week..but now I am helping to put together our new deck with the DH...He is taking the rest of the week off tomorrow to get our deck done..photos to follow...




Kimmy and I went shopping yesterday to our favorite stores...Joanns, then Michaels and then the dollar store...With what I bought I would say we lost our minds....but it was sure fun..I got in the photo above some awesome halloween irridescent orange shiny fabric with cats on it..it is going on my next doll..I cannot wait to use it..I also got some more colored pencils 24 and used my 40% off coupon..I bought a hat pattern for fleece for you and fido...don't think I will be making the fido ones...I also got 2 magazines..haven't looked through them yet..can't wait..I just love fall/christmas magazines..love the ideas..




Okay this was at the dollar store... I got 4 halloween ties that have noise buttons..giving those to our home teachers from church...they will get a huge kick out of these..I got some plastic trick or treat bag and some plastic rings to put in the bags along with the candy for the little nose goblins..I got some caution tape to put in the yard for decorating..I also got more labels to make my potions with...some skeleton hands to use somewhere...lol.and I got some wooden frames so now I can paint them and use with my embroidered items..can't beat the prices....




here is some more stuff I got at Joanns..fabric remanents at 75% off...a frame that the only thing wrong is it will be a hanging frame versus both...big deal and it is a beautiful frame..I also got some serger thread..and now I just need to be able to remember how to thread it..Kimmy taught me a cheat way...but will wait for her just in case I screw it up...I just wish they were more straight forward when you thread em..its like jumpin through hoops...






and last but not least..I got some vinyl things to hang on your windows for halloween..they had these at Michaels on sale..and they are the martha stewart stuff..I must say I am a big fan of her stuff..its not crap...so I got a cat and a moon and a witch..I can't wait to put them up and have a candle or light illuminating them....spoooookkkyyyy...(Jim Carey voice)...




Well here is the deck project....the door that now leads to nowhere....we had to paint the lower boards as they were the old house color which was almond...so we wanted it all to look uniform....so the ladder is there just in case we want in...the cats find this a weird way to get out..but we just lift em out and away they goo....







here is another view...we widened it as well.. next summer we are enclosing it and making it a sunroom..can't wait..but for now its a deck...which will suit me just fine..the thing was so rotten..it had holes in it and it was a matter of time before we fell through it..









here are the stairs from hell or is that stairway to heaven or its the stairs to nowhere...lol...I had to paint that beam you see in front of them today as well..so it is done and I am in here hopefully starting another doll...







Oh I also picked tomatoes today..they are so sweet and yummy..I have a basil plant...now all I need is mozzarella and I have a caprese salad...we ate those all the time when living in italy for 3 years while we were stationed in the military...there is nothing like authentic italian food...to die for...if you get a chance you must do italy and you will eat like a king...or queen...well I hope your wednesday is a super one...the weather here is gorgeous....hope yours is too...
Have a great day :)









1 comment:

  1. Love your Martha stuff! I bought the witch and the skeleton-check out my blog for pictures!

    ReplyDelete