Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. Eskimo proverb

Our HoMe

Pennys, Towels, & Rolling pin Covers..I do custom work..made to order :>)

I don't have an attitude,
I have a personality you can't handle.

Friday, February 8, 2008

Hi there my name is Gina Cooper of Cat Nap Inn Primitives! I too like many of you out there in Primitive ville am a self taught starving artist..well not physically....lol...My hubby and I have been married for 22 years this last new years eve...We have been around the world due to my husband serving in the Navy. He is retired now. So hopefully no more moving..It gets old after a while and I am getting to dang old for it...Plus we love it here in the Pacific Northwest. We live in a little town called Indianola..It is really a hippy town, but we love the ruralness of it..Would be better if they would just stop building houses...We have 8 Cats (hence the name of my website and ebay name...We don't have typical children so these little stinkers have become our babies and they have us wrapped around their little paws.. They are so loved and soooo spoiled..Their ages range from 16-1/2 to 3 years old..I have been called the crazy cat lady a time or two... Our house has a definite cat theme going on... I am really easy to buy for too, Just buy me something with a cat in it and you are golden...lol...(just in case anyone wants to send me something in the future..)hint hint...lol... I have been crafting on and off for about 20 years but just in the last 6 years, just found it so rewarding and so much fun, plus it keeps me off the streets....just kidding...but I love being at home in my jammies creating and sewing..I have been selling on Ebay for a couple of years, I think I am more of a consumer though...At least that is what my hubby tells me..:) Just this last year have I really started selling my dolls.. it is so much fun to hear how someone loves your stuff, that is why I love doing the gift shows here as you really get to meet nice folks that appreciate your items and then when you get that repeat customer...now that is SWEET! My bestest friend in the whole wide world, Kimmy and I do the same type of work and we love doing the gift shows together and going JUNKING, I never in a million years maybe 10 years ago would have said that, but now I am in my element at a junk/thrift store...My craft room is in our house with a walk in closet to house some of my mess..my dream is to move in the upper portion of our garage and have a studio where I can have open houses etc..and more space...but it is cozy and it is my favorite place to be..I love surfing for ideas and seeing what others are offering so that I can get inspired..I usually get wiped out after christmas, but I am trying to stay focused and craft a little bit each day...My dream has been to have a website so hopefully it will get finished sometime this year...I fell in love with Primitives a couple of years ago and now I tell people it is time worn items that I make...I love the look of old and worn and loved..I think I was born about a 100 years too late.. lol...Well I hope I haven't bored you or put you to sleep... Thanks for stopping by and letting me be a part of your world.